• Share this Job

Jr. Application Support Analyst

Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric

Job Description :
Position Summary: Participate in evaluation, analysis, and recommendation of technical computing products. Provide technical product support including response to user questions, installation, testing, problem diagnosis, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance. Participate in the delivery of technical services including the preparation of cost justifications, application requirements, alternative solutions, and technical recommendations. Participate in the preparation of technical procedures, documentation, manuals, and reports. Maintain technical industry knowledge and continue to develop knowledge of infrastructure. 20% of this assignment will be software development, the other 80% is application support.

Principal Accountabilities:
1. Provides enhancements, updates, upgrades and patches to ensure equipment is preventively maintained, running properly and protected from computer viruses and other security threats.

2. Keeps users informed of changes on a timely basis.

3. Provides testing prior to going live into production.

4. Monitors and reports on processes, uptime, performance, utilization and capacity of technologies. Works with Senior Staff to identify trends and reports to management.

5. Executes and monitors equipment backups to ensure data and applications are safeguarded and can be restored to establish normal operation after an incident or disaster.

6. Troubleshoots moderate level support problems and provides or obtains their timely resolution. Escalates complex problems to more senior IT Infrastructure Engineers to facilitate their resolution.

7. Provides and maintains technical documentation, policies and procedures related to networking and infrastructure and updates as necessary.
Required Qualifications :
 
Powered by AkkenCloud