Network Engineer 3
1. Install,configure,and manage server hosted network attached storage(NAS)and storage area network(SAN) disk storage technologies tied to network infrastructure.
2. Installcomplexcomputernetworksandrelatedcomputingenvironmentsincluding computerhardware,systemssoftware,applicationssoftware,andallconfigurations.
3. Design,install,configure,monitor,and troubleshoot network equipment such as,but not limited to,Hubs, Network Interface Cards(NIC),Local Area Network(LAN) cards,hard drives,Ethernet switches, routers,wireless bridges,monitoring devices, access points,firewalls,intrusion detection systems,and content devices.
4. Testcomputerhardware,networkingsoftwareandoperatingsystemsoftwarein preparation of new installation or upgrade.
5. Work with vendor store solve problems.
6. Executechangestoimprovesystemsandnetworkconfigurations,anddetermine hardwareorsoftwarerequirementsrelatedtosuchchanges.
7. Supervise other team members and provide training in advanced networking skills
8. Functionasenterpriseinfrastructureexpertinmaintaininglarge,disparatesystems andnetworks.
9. ConferwithNetworkArchitectsorsystemsmanagerstoensurecomplianceofDTI standards.
10. Write and produce technical documentation.
11. Reviews & monitors enterprise security systems; takes appropriate action &
responds to alarms/alerts per agency policy & procedure (e.g., anti-virus, spam).
12. Interfaces with other platforms from a hardware &/or software perspective.
13. Answers questions & presents informal mentorship opportunities to peers &/or lower-level staff via conversation, observation or technical documentation
· Working knowledge of network applications,switches and servers.
· Strong communication/leadership skills.
· Strong influence, collaboration and negotiation experience.
· Ability to collaborate with supporting resources across business and/or functional lines.
· Have excellent oral and written skills/possess strong meeting and work session facilitation skills.
· Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
· Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, the ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
· Have excellent organizational skills, proven analytical, planning, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
· Ability to work in adverse weather conditions and along vehicular traffic.