The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for leading and supporting the planning, design, tracking, and execution of system testing on simple to complex implementations. As a member of the IT Project Management Office, the QA Lead and works collaboratively with IT department and business unit stakeholders to build and implement testing capabilities and standards and to execute and validate test cases based on project/system requirements. The QA Lead understands software development processes and uses analytical, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills to ensure that solutions and products meet a determined standard of quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other members of the PMO, project teams, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to establish enterprise-level QA standards, processes, and tools.
- Develop end-to-end test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Perform testing on various software systems.
- Establish, track, and report on key performance metrics for QA activities.
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process.
- Ensure that requirements are testable and traceable and that acceptance criteria exist for all requirements.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing and training, as necessary.
- Work with automation testers to ensure appropriate handoff of deliverables.
- Participate in the lifecycle of the project to ensure a high level of quality is exhibited in test plans and in the execution of test cases and scripts.